Electricity supply
Electricity is supplied at 220V - 50 Hz AC with European norm plugs.

Valencia enjoys year-round sunshine with an average annual temperature of 20ºC (68ºF). Summers are pretty warm (32ºC max - 24ºC min) and humid due to its Mediterranean location; however it cools by night.

Credit Cards
Most hotels, restaurants and shops in Valencia accept the main credit cards such as American Express, VISA, Mastercard, 4B, Access y Diners Club. Currency: € Euro

There are two official languages in Valencia: Valencian and Spanish. You will find that most people are not fluent in English, except hotel staff, but they will do their best to communicate with you.

There is a good range of shops in the city centre and also big suburban shopping centres. Shops are generally open from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 20:30, Mondays to Saturdays. Department stores and shopping centres stay open during lunch time and close around 21:00 to 22:00.

Spanish eating habits are characterised by late hours, we normally have lunch around 14:00 and dinner around 22:00. Most restaurants open from 14:00 to 16:00 for lunch and from 21:00 to 23:00 for dinner. However some tourist and informal places have longer opening hours.


Tourist information office

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 8.30 am to 8.30 pm.
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
Tel. +34 961 530 229 Fax. +34 961 598 451

Tourist information points.

The documentation required to travel to Spain varies according to the country of origin.
If you are a citizen of an EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein, you will need a valid passport or ID card. Additionally, in the case of a minor traveling with an ID document, this must be accompanied by written permission from the parents.
If you come from another country:
The maximum stay in Spain is 90 days. There are a number of countries whose citizens are required to have a valid current visa in order to enter Spain. You can consult them on Annex 4 of this document. Citizens of these countries can also travel to Spain if they have a residence permit or a long-term visa issued by another country in the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus), Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.
Citizens of all other countries must be in possession of documents which justify the object and the conditions of their stay and be in possession of sufficient economic resources for their maintenance throughout the period they are intending to remain in Spain. The documents they are required to present will vary according to the motive of the trip. You can consult them in the “Foreign Affairs” section of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Spain website.
It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.
Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact your closest Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.